1. Pollination is the transfer of pollen grains from anther to stigma.
1. Fertilization is the fusion male and female gametes.
2. Pollination results in fertilization.
2. Fertilization results in the production of seed and the development of the embryo within it.
3. It is an external process.
3. It is an internal process.
4. It is a physical process.
4. It is a genetic and biochemical process.
5. Pollination occurs by various agents such as wind, insect, water etc.
5. The fertilization is initiated from within the ovule; the ovule attracts the pollen tube towards the embryo sac.